CUSTOMS DUTIES AND TAXES
All passengers may import the following products free
of duties and taxes:
- Personal effects such as clothing, shoes, toiletries and other articles
of personal hygiene, in quantities reasonable for the length of stay
- Articles and equipment relative to their occupation or purpose of
- In addition to the articles described above, goods not exceeding cuc
$50.00 in value.
- Medicines up to a maximum weight of ten (10) kgs.
- A maximum of 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250 grams of loose tobacco,
and three (3) liters wine or other alcoholic beverages, provided that
the passenger is over the age of 18.
Passengers have the right to import articles up to
a value of cuc $250.00. This import will be made only once in a year
and provide that these are not commercial exchange. Duties and taxes
will be levied at the rate of 100% of the declared value.
PROHIBITIONS AND SPECIAL IMPORT REQUIREMENTS
- Drugs, and narcotic substances, unless for personal use certified
with a relevant medical prescription.
- Blood or blood products.
- Pornographic and obscene books, magazines, pictures and articles.
- Light motor vehicles and major parts, moto-bicycles and motors for
- Freezers, air conditioners, video cassette recorders and players from
Any country, wireless phones, any type or model of electric stoves and hot-plates,
electric and microwave ovens, any type or size of electric frying pans,
electric water heaters, and showers, electric irons and toasters. Computers
except the authorized by the State Administration.
- Electric resistances, rice cookers, electric rings and electric water
can irons that surpass 703 wt., non water can iron surpass 250 wt.
GOODS SUBJECT TO SPECIAL IMPORT REQUIREMENTS
- Fire arms, ammunition.
- Satellite dishes and receivers, and radio communication equipment.
- Biological and pharmaceutical products of animal origin and/or for
- Specimens of flora and fauna or their remains in any form.
- Food in general will be admitted only when industrially elaborated,
and hermetically sealed.
RELATING TO THE IMPORT OF GOODS OF NATION HERITAGE, OBJECTS CONTAINING
PRECIOUS METALS AND SOTONES, AND FOREING CURRENCY
When passengers temporarily import articles and/or objects
which exceed cuc $5000.00 in value, they must complete a "Declaration
of Value" at the time of importation and file it with the Customs
authorities. The document certified by Customs must be presented to the
Customs at the time of departure as proof the importation of the items.
Passengers intending to leave Cuba with cash in excess
of cuc $5000.00 must declare at the time of entry to Cuba, the total amount
in their possession. Goods not declared, or falsely declared, and those
in excess of the authorized value of cuc $250.00 may be seized or forfeited.